Making the rollThe following recipe is suitable for both classic type rolls and Inside Out rolls.
California roll sushi is basiclly, a "softer" version of the spider roll. It is made with Imitation crab sticks instead of real crab which makes it easier to make, cheaper to buy, and some would say tastier.
- Take half a nori sheet, and cover with rice - 1cm high.
- Flip the nori so that the rice is facing down and start placing the filling for the california roll.
- Line up the crab sticks: in pairs or singles - depends how thik you want the roll to be.
- Next to it, line up a 2-3cucumber stiks.
- On top of both crab and cucumber stiks, put a large slice of avocado.
Served with soy sauce.